We have Premium bikes for The North Face Biking Trail and other technical routes, standard bikes for the other cycle routes in the forest. We also have children’s bikes. tag-a-longs and trailers.
The forest is mostly traffic free but is hilly when leaving the forest centre. It does get better when you get higher and can admire the views of the mountains, but expect long hills up and down during your time on the bike. All our bikes have low gears to help you enjoy the forest or why not try something new, why not try one of our electric pedal assisted bikes and take the sting out of the hills If you’re towing a youngster in a trailer or on a tag-a-long then the electric bikes make a real difference to your enjoyment of the day..
How it all works:
- Ideally book your bike if possible. (recommended for electric and demo bikes)
- NB: to avoid disappointment if your enquiry is about availability for today please call the hire centre on 01229 860369 as your email may not get answered in time.
- Wear appropriate clothing, not sandals/flip flops. We suggest you wear gloves – as your hands can get cold at any time of year.
- Arrive in good time, so we can fit your bike to you.
- At the hire desk, fill in paperwork, the staff member will advise you on routes.
- You’ll be given a correctly sized bike, a helmet, route map and a briefing on both the bike and general safety.
- Go explore!
|Half Day||Full day|
|Standard Bikes (hard tails, front suspension, 24 gears) – Scott, Saracen – suitable for the main forest tracks||£20||£25|
|Premium Hard Tail for the ‘North Face Trail’ or singletrack routes (hard tails, disc brakes, front suspension, ) – Saracen, Scott||£25||£35|
|Full Suspension – Go Everywhere (front & rear suspension, disc brakes,) – Mondraker, Merida and Scott||£40||£50|
|Kids Bikes (20’/24′ wheel hard tails, front suspension,) – Saracen||£12||£20|
|Family Pack (2xAdults; 2xchildrens bikes)||£72||£95|
|Adult Bike with ‘Tag-a-long bike’, Kids Trailer, Dog Trailer||£25||£30|
|Tag-along or Trailer Only on your bike||n/a||£10|
|Electric Assisted Bike – Hard Tail||£30||£40|
|Electric Assisted Bike – Full Suspension||£40||£50|
|NEW FOR 2015 – FAT BIKES – You know you want to!||£40||£50|
|Own bike but need a helmet?||n/a||£4|
1 ID required to hire bikes. 2Riders must wear a helmet at all times.
All bikes come with map and helmet. Half day hire is 4 hours from start time.
Last hire is 3pm (2pm winter time). Under 18’s need to be accompanied by a riding adult.
All bikes to be returned by 5pm.
All items subject to availability.
Group rates for 10+
Please call us on 01229 860 369 for availability and price.
All major credit cards and debit cards accepted, sorry not Amex. Proof of ID and home address will be required when paying with cash. Credit card deposit required when hiring premium, full suspension or electric bikes.
Overnight and multi-day hire only by prior arrangement.
All under 18’s must be accompanied by a riding adult.